Friday, 27 May 2016

Cat And Mouse

So... the kids made themselves Pop Tarts,  I made some lunch and all was looking good for a final 8am leave of the house. Some minor feeding of the cats a quick chat with Kath on Skype and 8am rolls around.  One last duty,  give Rey her medicine...could I find her...no. I though she may have escaped as the kids left but I was pretty sure she hasn't...then a hear some 'banter' under Haydens bed...I can't get her to come out which she normally would with some tapping and 'cat sounds', so i pull out some Lego boxes to find her point of interest...a mouse.  Hudded around the back leg of the bed it really was a game of cat and mouse,  one would go once way,  the other would run the other,  the post protecting the mouse.  I figured it was only a matter of time before the mouse got worn down by attrition so i couldn't leave it.  Now I'm all for the cats catching the mice but you don't like to leave them if you can save them...and besides there's no telling what Rey would had ve done with the mouse or where she would have left it's rotting carcus. After 20 minutes of pulling out all the stuff and trading Hayden's room i finally got the blighter, look like it has a busted leg,  but all i can do is release it back outside. Let that be a lesson to it

No comments:

Post a Comment